In 1955 First Bank of Highland Park was chartered by the State of Illinois. Its first location was a storefront property located on the east side of Second Street between Central and Laurel Avenues. Nine years later, in 1964, the Bank moved to its present headquarters at 1835 First Street on the corner of First and Central Avenue.
The new Bank quickly outgrew its facility. In 1973 a second floor addition was completed above the drive-up. The original building was now entirely dedicated to teller and personal banking services, while the loan department and executive offices were moved to the newly built second floor annex.
Many years passed and the bank, once again, was in need of additional space. As a result, the commercial real estate department and a few executive offices moved to the third floor of an office building at 633 Skokie Blvd. in Northbrook. Subsequently on January 31, 2006, a Retail Banking Center was opened with a state of the art ATM and drive-up facility.
From its inception, First Bank of Highland Park has been focused on the community and meeting the needs of its neighbors. After 55 years of growth, and a few major lobby and annex building remodels later, the Bank continues to meet the needs of its customers and be a leader amongst community banks on Chicago's North Shore.
If you have any further questions, please CONTACT US to learn more about the history of First Bank of Highland Park.